Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm back--

It has been a few days and I have not been able to post . Our computers have not been working and still are not all working. Calling the phone company...

I have been doing it a lot.

Worked in the yard, made some tassels, and even did a little cleaning... not much. I do not want to get this house too clean. Put some plates up in the patio. Changed some doll clothes. Put mattes on some of the finished paintings. Also framed my grandma's confirmation certificate. It is over 120 years old .
We bought a vintage moving cart at a auction awhile back .I started cleaning it. It has dirt coated on the wheels. It now sits in a tub of water (hope it does not snow) . After I get the dirt off , I will seal it, put some kind of wood on it and use it for a coffee table. Not sure if I want it painted with something on it or just stain it. Maybe apples or mixed flowers. Will do it in oils.
Tomorrow I go paint with Vern. Will finish my pastel still life. Then having some friends over for dinner .They are leaving for a new job in Italy on Friday. Maybe I can go see them . I will get there again some how.
I'm still doing my new recipes. Made chicken with sour cream and buttermilk. Also, sour cream and cheese potatoes... alot of cheese. They were okay. Will not make again. It was way too much money for the taste. Also made Joe a special dessert...custard with a caramel sauce. (Flan Cr'me Caramel). Turned out great. At least Joe said so! Made some cookies...chocolate and chocolate chips. They are okay.
I'm learning more about blogs. Will work on this .

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Your banner is so beautiful - especially the blue flowers. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...enjoyed,my visit to your blog. Do youknow Mike and Kath Griffith? They live in Minot - he works for Coke - she works for?

    ReplyDelete